Fiat 500e Forum

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recent driving experience in my 500e
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:25 am 

My wife and I took a short road trip out of Merced Ca. last weekend traveling to an Iris farm near Cathey's Valley Ca. then to Mariposa Ca. for a burger at "Happy Burger"! I drove no faster than 55 MPH on the trip. The drive, for those of you who are not familiar with it requires one to head up east Highway 140 into the foot hills thru Cathey's Valley then up some pretty good grades to Mariposa. Prior to leaving Mariposa, the range display showed 26 miles of range left. It should be noted that the only level 2 charging station in Mariposa which had been located at a local motel has been removed. We drove out of Mariposa, again driving up a fairly steep grade and at the end of the grade now had 22 miles of range left. With judicious use of gravity and a light foot on the accelerator at the foot of the mountains but still in the foothills and approximately 15 miles later we now had 38 miles of range and made it home (35 miles from Mariposa) with 16 miles of range left! :D Was there a certain amount of trepidation and range anxiety? Yes! But was all that worth it? Yes!

Post subject: Re: Recent driving experience in my 500e
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:25 pm 

Yes, the regenerative braking system is one of the best around... remember your disc brakes only operate below 8 mph, above that, all the braking energy is put back into your battery.

Glad you had a good time, and you will soon have less RA... (range anxiety) ;-)

Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:27 am 

FWIW, I would be reluctant to embark on a 35-mile trip with only 25-mile range showing... unless I was driving to the ER...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am 

You find that the "range estimator" is 1. often wrong, and 2. conservative.

Greg