Fiat 500e Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charging not possible
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:09 am 

I live in the Netherlands and now own a secondhand 500e imported from California and run 33000 km. I got it just two weeks ago and now experience first problem already. Charging does not work. Not at a public (level II) charger and also not at home with my level I charger. I have rebooted the car several times (unplugged the battery poles and waited for a few minutes) but that did not solve it. I checked the orange plastic connection point (have seen that it is quite vulnerable for breaking) but it seems ok.
Only 15 km left on battery......does anyone know if there is another way of charging (some direct connection to the battery perhaps) so we can check whether it is software related or something else and not the battery itself? And that I have some more distance to drive it to the importer...

Post subject: Re: Charging not possible
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 pm 

Any resolution to your problem?

Post subject: Re: Charging not possible
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:13 am 

The charging system unit (?) was replaced as the fault was within that but the dealer could not identify the exact problem as it is a bit of a black box. They replaced it so I can continue to use my car. They would continue to investigate the unit. As yet I do not know the reason. Now 2 weeks on and I am still ok. I do however avoid certain charging stations as I am afraid for re-introducing it (if that was the case and possible). I do get more and more confident now that the fault was already in there when I got the car. I only had it for one week when it stopped charging.