Fiat 500e Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recall S26 - Lockup while reprogramming in the Ukraine!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 am 

Friends,

New to the forum. First off, let me clarify that I am NOT a 500e owner. However, a client of mine in the Ukraine had purchased a 500e for his girlfriend and had it shipped to him a little while back. He recently asked me for his assistance on a technical issue. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts, so I am coming to you all for any guidance/assistance that you may provide.

The issue centers around Recall S26 - Reprogram Power Inverter Module. He has the vehicle at a Fiat service center and they are trying to reprogram, but apparently it "locks up" while reprogramming at around 80% and they can't finish the procedure. His texts to me are as follows:

Can you help with little question - I bought a Fiat 500e (battery electric) in USA in 2016 for my girlfriend. Officially this car is sold only in California.
Now I have a problem- we tried to fix the car but it gets error on 80% programming the battery module.
Can you please call the service and ask how to end the procedure,?

Hi
Sorry
We have been doing this in local dealership in fuat Ukraine, using original software to reprogram all modules.
But battery module got an error and doesn't reprogram right

So we don't know what to do next and how to fix this
This is done by the guy who works at Fiat

But officially electric fiat does not sell in Ukraine and nobody gives any information
We need someone who can help.us solve this

So, my questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone have any experience with this same issue? If so, do you have any suggestions?
2. Does anyone have a Fiat technician that they work with that may be willing to either receive a long distance call or chat live with the Ukraine tech?

ANY help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. There is not a Fiat dealership within 200 miles of where I live. And, the ones I have spoken to have not been extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Bill